There are several ways a client can participate in a sales, depending on the type of sale, time of day the sale is taking place or location of the sale.
Participation in a Live Sale:
- On-site, live at the auction
- By placing a bid through the phone (which is entered as a floor bid)
- Placing absentee bids online or through the app
- This can begin as soon as a catalog is published
- Bidding during the live sale through the mobile, tablet, or web auction platform
- Placing a bid through the auction house and manually entering that bid in the system through the admin console.
Participation in a Timed Sale (Online-Only):
- By placing a bid through the phone at some point during which the event is scheduled to be opened
- Placing absentee a max bid online or through the app
- The system will automatically bid on their behalf up to that amount if they are bid against
- This can begin as soon as a catalog is published & the sales begins
- If a bidder is instantly outbid because a higher max bid exists by a different bidder, they will be notified on their device (web/apps) immediately after placing the bid. If a bidder is winning the lot and is later outbid, they will receive an email notification & push notification to mobile and tablet, letting them know they have been outbid and encouraging them to bid again
- If two bidders leave the same max bid and that bid wins the lot, the bidder who left the bid first will be the winner.
- If you have timed house bidding enabled, the system will bid against bidders up until the reserve. The last bid placed by the system in this scenario will be at a half increment below the reserve, so the next bid will sell the lot.
- Placing a bid through the auction house and manually entering that bid in the system through the admin console into their account.
- The user will need to either already have an account or go through the registration process.
Regardless of how the user chooses to participate, giving them a variety of options enables them to participate from where they are most comfortable and ultimately, where is most convenient for them.
Still have a question? Reach out to Support